Getting a home is a significant investment that takes careful planning and research. Home insurance covers you against loss or damage to your house and the contents therein, as well as injury of domestic workers for both homeowners and occupiers. CIC Group has been offering this insurance cover referred to as Domestic Package. This article will help you understand what is insured.
What is covered?
- Private residential dwellings including: the main buildings, walls, fences, gate and outbuildings.
- Contents such as furniture, fixtures and fittings (including interior decorations) all belongings of the insured or a member of his household.
- Moveable and personal items:
- Valuables such as jewelry, laptops, watches, paintings and other works of art, mobile phones, television, radio, audio or video and computer.
- Domestic staff – Consists workers at the home employed by the insured to carry out domestic duties associated with the residential premise. They include home managers, drivers, gardeners and watchmen.
- Personal liability incurred both as an owner or occupier of the dwellings. Personal liability covers for legal, medical and repair bills if someone is injured or their property becomes damaged while visiting your home.
Your home will be covered against the following:
- Riot, strike and civil commotion
- Accidental breakage
- Impact from aerial devices such as falling trees and branches, aerial fittings or masts, satellite dishes, lamp posts, electric or overhead cables
- Impact from vehicles
The cost of living is drastically increasing and Kenyans are looking for ways to reduce their expenses. In such harsh economic times, one might view home insurance as an extra cost. However, it is worthwhile protecting your home given the value and the high cost of acquiring the contents in your house. Domestic package at CIC Group is accessible and affordable. It is important to carefully read your home insurance policy document at inception and seek clarity on areas of concern.
For any enquiries about home insurance, CIC Group has experts ready to assist. Feel free to call us on 0703099120 or visit (website link).