CIC General Insurance
This subsidiary offers a wide range of general insurance products to cater for the various insurance needs of different market segments. The Company is committed to provide its customers with the best innovative products coupled with quality and efficient service. These products are customized to suit client needs. They include:
1. Fire Industrial: This policy covers the risks of fire, lightning and explosion as a result of bursting of domestic gas cylinders. The policy can be enhanced to cover additional perils such as earthquake, malicious damage, floods, riots and strike, bush fire and similar perils.
2. Domestic Package: This is an attractive comprehensive package for homeowners and occupiers, which provides policy holders the benefit of six policies in a single package. It covers buildings, household contents, moveable and personal items, domestic servants, owner’s liability and occupier’s liability.
3. Consequential Loss: The policy covers loss of profits as a result of fire.
4. Burglary: This policy covers loss or damage following the actual forcible and violent breaking into or out of the premises or any attempt thereat.
5. All Risks: This policy covers loss or damage (except as excluded in the policy) to specified items of personal or delicate nature. It includes items such as watches, cameras, computers, calculators, microscopes, typewriters, medical equipment, video cameras, jewellery, television sets, radios, iPods, iPads, and mobile phones.
6. Goods in Transit Risks: This policy covers loss of or damage to goods while in transit either by rail or road.
7. Marine: This policy provides cover for goods while in transit either by Sea or Air up to the Warehouse.
8. Professional Indemnity: This policy covers professionals against third party claims in case of negligence in the course of their professional duties.
9. Motor Insurance: This policy covers risks ranging from Third Party Risks to comprehensive risks.
It provides cover for:
Loss or damage to the motor vehicle as a result of fire, accident or theft.
Against legal liabilities to third parties arising from loss or damage to property as well as third injuries or death.
10. Machinery Breakdown: This policy covers all types of machinery plant, mechanical equipment and apparatus for faulty design, operation tearing due to centrifugal force.
11. Machinery Breakdown Consequential loss: This policy covers actual loss of profits sustained as a result of a business interruption caused by machinery breakdown.
12. Electronic Equipment: The policy covers material damage for many types of low and medium power electrical plants for both material damage, loss of information suffered by external data media used in computing facilities.
13. Contractors All Risks
This policy is arranged by either the Principal owner of the project or the Contractor. It covers:
– Contract Works
– Construction Plant and Equipment
– Construction Machinery
– Third Party Liability
– Surrounding Property
14. Erection All Risks: This policy covers persons who assume a risk due to the erection of a project.
15. Plate Glass: This policy covers accidental destruction or damage to all fixed glass, which includes windows, door glazing, fun lights, showcases fixed mirrored glass and glazed partitions.
16. Crop: The policy covers crops against a combination of perils namely Drought, Excess rains, Flooding, Hail damage, Frost damage, Uncontrollable pests and diseases, Fire and related perils.
17. Livestock: The policy compensates against death of insured livestock as a result of various perils namely uncontrollable diseases, including epidemics, calving down, accidents, emergency slaughter on medical grounds and fire and related perils.
18. Cash in Transit Risk (Money): The policy covers loss of money (or theft by third parties not employees) as specified either while in transit or premises during or out of business hours. It also covers damage to safes and /or strong rooms.
19. Fidelity Guarantee: This policy covers loss of stores and/or stocks, money by any act of fraud or dishonesty by any insured employee during the policy period of guarantee.
20. Public Liability: This policy covers the property owner from legal liability claims which arise out of
negligence. Such claims may be in respect of:
Bodily injury or accidental death.
Loss or damage to property.
Legal expenses incurred with the written consent of the insurer.
21. WIBA- Work Injury Benefits Insurance: This policy covers claims for bodily injury and disease brought by employees as provided under the Work Injury Benefits Act 2007.
22. Employer’s Liability Common law: This policy covers the employer against legal liability under common law for damages and claimants’ costs related to bodily injury, by accident or disease and directly related to negligence or breach of common law.
23. CIC Travel Insurance: This policy covers persons who travel abroad from time to time and wish to insure themselves against accidents and loss or damage to their properties in the course of travel.
24. Group Personal Accident: This policy provides monetary payments in the event of bodily injury sustained by the insured. The injury must be caused by violent, accidental, external and visible means subject to the insured limits.
In line with its values, CIC has continued to improve and innovate in terms of various insurance products in order to continue to cater for changing insurance needs. These are the recently customized products;
1. CIC Motor Commercial Plus – This is an enhanced policy designed for heavy commercial vehicles. It provides inter alia, a tracking devise and meets loan repayments while the vehicle is under repair.
2. CIC School Guard Insurance – This is a comprehensive policy designed for academic institutions covering property, students, teaching and non-teaching staff as well as owners’ liabilities.
3. CIC Biashara Salama Insurance – This policy caters for persons unable to secure insurance from the conventional insurance market. It covers fire and burglary for small and medium enterprises (“SMEs”) and micro-finance institutions.
4. CIC Combined Insurance– This policy combines the various risks that businesses are exposed to under the following classes: Fire and Perils, Fire Consequential Loss, Burglary, All Risks, Money, Fidelity
Guarantee, Group Personal Accident, WIBA, Employer’s Liability Common Law, and Public Liability.
5. CIC Property Owners Insurance– This is a conveniently packaged policy covering various risks faced by property owners. It covers the following range of risks: buildings against loss or damage; bodily injury by accident or disease sustained by employees in the course of employment; legal liability under common law for damages and claimants costs related to bodily injury by accident or disease and directly related to negligence or breach of common law; and third party liabilities incurred.
6. CIC Jilinde Personal Accident Policy – This policy is a customized Personal Accident Cover for Micro Enterprises that provides monetary payments in the event of bodily injury sustained by the insured.
7. CIC Students Personal Accident – This is a bespoke Personal Accident Cover for students on industrial attachment.
8. CIC School Bus Insurance – This is a policy which offers a wide range of unique benefits to academic institutions.
Medical Insurance Products under CIC General Insurance
1. Family Health Insurance
Otherwise known as the CIC-MEDISURE Family Health Plan is an in-patient medical insurance policy designed to meet prevalent medical needs for nuclear families and individual persons. The policy offers a flexible, comprehensive and affordable in-patient cover for hospitalization expenses arising from both illnesses and accident.
2. CIC-MEDISURE Corporate In-Patient Cover
The CIC-MEDISURE is a corporate in-patient medical policy designed to meet prevalent medical requirements for corporate organizations with ten (10) or more employees and directors. The policy pays valid medical expenses arising from both illness and accidents, subject to the cover limit.
3. CIC Corporate Outpatient Self-Funded Scheme
The CIC corporate outpatient self-funded scheme is specially designed to meet the cost of valid outpatient (non-admission) medical services accessed through a wide network of appointed hospitals, clinics, and other facilities. The scheme pays valid outpatient medical expenses arising from both illness and accidents subject to cover limit. The outpatient scheme is a rider to the In-patient Insurance Policy.