The CIC unit trust scheme is an approved unit trust with an umbrella fund comprising of five sub funds; CIC Money Market Fund, CIC Balanced Fund, CIC Equity Fund, CIC Fixed Income Fund, CIC Wealth Management Fund.
How to open a CIC Unit Trust Account;
- Get a unit trust application form from either of the following options;
- By using the link https://cic.co.ke/cooperatives-solutions/investment-solutions/ or
- By visiting any of our CIC branches
- By sending an email to email@example.com
- Fill in the application form and provide the requirements indicated on the last page of the application form being copies of;
- Passport picture
- KRA Pin certificate
- Bank proof i.e. cancelled cheque leaf, copy of recent bank statement or front face of ATM card showing account holders name and account number.
- Submit the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org and the account will be opened within 24 working hours.
- CIC will send a welcome letter on email and your member number via SMS.
How to deposit money to your CIC unit trust account via M-PESA Paybill 600118
- Go to M-PESA Menu and click on Lipa na M-PESA option
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter 600118as the Business Number
- Enter your MEMBER NUMBER followed by the first letter of the fund. E.g;
- To top up Money Market Fund enter member number then M
- To top up Equity Fund enter member number then E
- To top up Fixed Income Fund enter member number then F
- To top up Balanced Fund enter member number then B
- Enter the value amount to pay (NO COMMAS)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN
- Then send the request
- You will receive an SMS confirming the transaction
- Minimum initial investment is Kshs 5,000.
- Minimum additional deposit is Kshs 1,000.
You can also top up and withdraw on CIC ASSET app which is available on both Play store and App store. For any queries, feel free to call 0703099322 or email email@example.com