The incumbent shall assist the Training Manager- Life Agency in driving improved performance in line with the set production standards through training, coaching, and mentorship of all the sales teams within life subsidiary. To drive quality business acquisition by regularly training and testing on the products features and benefits for all the products offered by the group and to support the Business Development team in selection and recruitment of quality manpower.
- To provide support in coordinating internal and external training programmes;
- To assist in developing training manuals that target tangible result areas using purposeful training methods;
- To assist in evaluation of sales team’s output in key result areas to ensure training is meeting the overall business objectives and improving performance;
- Identify gaps and train on soft skills;
- To provide training, coaching and mentorship to all the sales channels within life subsidiary;
- To equip the entire sales team with the necessary sales skills required for improved performance such as proper presentation skills, negotiation skills and soft skills;
- To help improve persistency and retention levels through continuous engagement with the sales team;
- To support the sales team in procuring quality business in line with the set objectives through continuous training on market identification, targeting marketing and market development;
- To ensure adherence to compliance and regulatory directives;
- To support the Business Development function in selection, recruitment and retention of quality manpower resource;
- To interpret and ensure adherence to both HR and regulatory policies as amended from time to time;
- To assist in identification and assessment of the training needs of the agency workforce;
- To assist in development of individualized and group training programs to address specific business needs;
- Drive our brand values and our philosophy during all the training and development activities;
- Coordinate activities between external training vendors and group learning function for holistic approach to training;
- Keep updated on training trends, developments and best industry practice; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Training Manager Life Agency from time to time.
Academic, Professional and Technical Competencies
These are defined as:
|Proficiency Level Description|
Academic and Professional Requirements
|Particulars||Detail||Specific Field or Qualification||Need
|Education||Bachelor’s Degree||Bachelor’s degree in Education/ or a Business Related field||E|
2.Progress towards IIK or ACII
These are defined as:
|Proficiency Level||Proficiency Definitions|
|• Applies the competency in difficult situations.
• Requires occasional guidance.
• Frequently questions the status quo and looks for new ways of doing things.
• Proactively confronts challenges in job role.
• Regularly applies coaching and mentoring skills to team.
|Level 2||Basic (B)||• Applies the competency in somewhat difficult situations.
• Requires frequent guidance.
• Knows when and where to refer.
• Requires regular coaching and mentoring to attain required standards in job role
|Level 1||Aware (A)
|• Applies the competency in the simplest situations.
• Requires close and extensive guidance.
|Core Competencies||Proficiency Required|
|1. Customer Focus||B|
|2. Business Acumen||B|
|3. Driving Innovation||B|
|4. Driving Business Performance||B|
|5. Negotiation and Influence||B|
|6. Effective Communication||I|
|Leadership Competency||Proficiency Required|
|1. Planning and organizing||I|
|3. Quality Decision Making||B|
|4. Building Partnerships||B|
|5. Continuous Learning||I|
|6. Emotional Intelligence||B|
|7. Conflict Management||B|
|Academic, Professional and Technical Competencies Required:
Essential Knowledge/Skills and Experience Required:
• Up to 3 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge and experience of content delivery methods
• Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Team building skills
Desirable Knowledge/Skills and Experience Required:
• Excellent interpersonal & Presentation skills
• Prior work experience as a Unit Manager or Agency Manager in Life Assurance
• Technical competence in insurance
• Basic knowledge of regulations by AKI and IRA
|Special Position Requirements (Optional section: any travel, security, hazard or related special conditions which apply to the position)|
|The role holder may be required to travel to distant branches or wherever the Company has interest.
Role holder may be required to work extended working hours to ensure jobs are completed on schedule and to specification
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/career/ clearly indicating the position being applied for.
The application should reach us by close of business on 28th April 2023. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 31st May 2023 consider your application unsuccessful.
N/B: This job advert is open to both internal and External candidates.