To provide general day-to-day HR support to HRBP – Shared Services as part of the Group HR function in relation to all human resources matters.
- Support recruitment activities of new employees;
- Coordinate orientation and training sessions for new employees;
- Ensure smooth communication with employees and timely resolution to their queries;
- Preparing new employee files;
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies);
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to employees activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc.);
- Coordinate HR projects and programs (meetings, training, surveys etc.) and take minutes;
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations;
- Provide relevant data to the payroll office in a timely manner;
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained;
- Support completion of termination paperwork and assist with exit interviews;
- Draft Ad-hoc letters and other communication as and when required;
- Providing confidential ad hoc advice and assistance to employees.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned from time to time.
Academic, Professional and Technical Competencies
These are defined as:
|Proficiency Level Description|
Academic and Professional Requirements
|Particulars||Detail||Specific Field or Qualification||Need
|Bachelor’s Degree||Bachelor’s degree in a HR or a Business Related field||E|
|Professional Qualifications||Progress towards attaining CHRP or Higher Diploma in HR||D|
|Computer literate||MS Office and other day to day computer software applications
|Experience||Experience in Human Resource||Minimum 1 year||E|
|Familiar with common HR applications and excellent analytical skills||D|
|Knowledge in insurance||D|
These are defined as:
|Proficiency Level||Proficiency Definitions|
|• Applies the competency in difficult situations.
• Requires occasional guidance.
• Frequently questions the status quo and looks for new ways of doing things.
• Proactively confronts challenges in job role.
• Regularly applies coaching and mentoring skills to team.
|Level 2||Basic (B)||• Applies the competency in somewhat difficult situations.
• Requires frequent guidance.
• Knows when and where to refer.
• Requires regular coaching and mentoring to attain required standards in job role
|Level 1||Aware (A)
|• Applies the competency in the simplest situations.
• Requires close and extensive guidance.
|Core Competencies||Proficiency Required|
|1. Customer Focus||B|
|2. Business Acumen||B|
|3. Driving Innovation||B|
|4. Driving Business Performance||B|
|5. Negotiation and Influence||B|
|6. Effective Communication||B|
|Leadership Competency||Proficiency Required|
|1. Planning and organizing||I|
|3. Quality Decision Making||I|
|4. Building Partnerships||B|
|5. Continuous Learning||I|
|6. Emotional Intelligence||B|
|7. Conflict Management||B|
|Special Position Requirements (Optional section: any travel, security, hazard or related special conditions which apply to the position)|
|The role holder may be required to travel to distant branches or wherever the Company has interest.
Role holder may be required to work extended working hours to ensure jobs are completed on schedule and to specification
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/career/ clearly indicating the position being applied for.
The application should reach us by close of business on 5th June 2023. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 3rd July 2023 consider your application unsuccessful.
N/B: This job advert is open to both internal and External candidates.