To coordinate and support the delivery of effective learning and development programs and initiatives.
With guidance from the Group Learning and Development Manager:
- Maintain the annual learning calendar;
- Provide support for all learning activities including assisting in webinars, sharing recordings, invitation to trainings, sending reminders on upcoming trainings and monitoring attendance on the HRMIS;
- Track required learning interventions and source learning programs/interventions to address identified needs from performance management process;
- In coordination with the human resource partners, plan for induction sessions for all new joiners;
- Coordinate and follow-up on payment of external vendors;
- Coordinate and manage allocation of learning materials and training venues;
- Administering training program evaluation assessments;
- Develop and monitor service level agreements with external and internal stakeholders;
- Provide reports on key Learning & Development metrics according to an agreed schedule;
- Support on-boarding and off-boarding process and issuance of licenses on learning management platforms;
- Coordinate talent management and succession planning initiatives; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Academic, Professional and Technical Competencies
These are defined as:
|Proficiency Level Description|
Academic and Professional Requirements
|Particulars||Detail||Specific Field or Qualification||Need
|Bachelor’s Degree||Bachelor’s degree in a HR or a Business Related field||E|
|Professional Qualifications||Progress towards attaining CHRP or Higher Diploma in HR||D|
|Computer literate||MS Office and other day to day computer software applications
|Experience||Experience in training, learning and development or learning platforms||Minimum 1 year||E|
|Knowledge and experience in content delivery methods||Minimum 1 year||D|
|Knowledge in insurance||D|
|Technical Skills Requirements||Need
|1. Communication and presentation skills||E|
|2. Customer Service||E|
|3. Budgeting and reconciliation||D|
|4. Data Analytics||E|
|5. Planning and Organizing meetings||E|
|6. Business Management||D|
|7. Knowledge of digital learning Solutions||E|
|8. Knowledge in adult learning Methodologies||E|
|9. Knowledge of Instructional design Techniques||D|
These are defined as:
|Proficiency Level||Proficiency Definitions|
|• Applies the competency in difficult situations.
• Requires occasional guidance.
• Frequently questions the status quo and looks for new ways of doing things.
• Proactively confronts challenges in job role.
• Regularly applies coaching and mentoring skills to team.
|Level 2||Basic (B)||• Applies the competency in somewhat difficult situations.
• Requires frequent guidance.
• Knows when and where to refer.
• Requires regular coaching and mentoring to attain required standards in job role
|Level 1||Aware (A)
|• Applies the competency in the simplest situations.
• Requires close and extensive guidance.
|Core Competencies||Proficiency Required|
|1. Customer Focus||B|
|2. Business Acumen||B|
|3. Driving Innovation||B|
|4. Driving Business Performance||B|
|5. Negotiation and Influence||B|
|6. Effective Communication||B|
|Leadership Competency||Proficiency Required|
|1. Planning and organizing||I|
|3. Quality Decision Making||I|
|4. Building Partnerships||B|
|5. Continuous Learning||I|
|6. Emotional Intelligence||B|
|7. Conflict Management||B|
|Special Position Requirements (Optional section: any travel, security, hazard or related special conditions which apply to the position)|
|The role holder may be required to travel to distant branches or wherever the Company has interest.
Role holder may be required to work extended working hours to ensure jobs are completed on schedule and to specification
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/career/ clearly indicating the position being applied for.
The application should reach us by close of business on 5th June 2023. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 3rd July 2023 consider your application unsuccessful.
N/B: This job advert is open to both internal and External candidates.