The incumbent shall be responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, development customization and monitoring of business applications. They shall also customize existing programs to meet user requirements; be responsible for system analysis and developments and to provide system, support and conduct user training.
- Manage incident resolution time within the SLA target including technical operations, workarounds and changes implementation, and executing service requests, including on-call duties(ITSM);
- Rectify System bugs as per priority requirements in the SLA documents;
- Customize existing programs to meet user requirements (including coming up with new reports;
- Work with Internal IT team, vendors and 3rd parties to ensure technical service level compliance for services. Patch management and deployments;
- Develop and monitor systems to align them to user requirements;
- Work directly with the Database Administrators to review the database backups and archiving of data to ensure they are adequate and reliable;
- Generation of best practices and process improvements, ideas to improve efficiency in Systems used by the business and providing technical advice on evaluation of new applications;
- Design access control mechanisms and privileges to the enterprise applications;
- Integrate business systems within the CIC Group systems;
- Test the business continuity plan for the application systems;
- Prepare deliverables to support timely development and deployment of solutions such as application guides, test cases and test plans;
- Translate software requirements into workable, quality programming code as well as maintain and develop programs for use in business using various database and software tools;
- Generation of ideas to improve efficiency in software and applications used by the business;
- Responsible for the communication of major incidents and ensuring the delivery of the reports to senior stakeholders and
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Academic, Professional and Technical Competencies
These are defined as:
|Proficiency Level Description|
Academic and Professional Requirements
|Particulars||Detail||Specific Field or Qualification||Need
|Education||Bachelor’s Degree||Bachelor’s degree in ICT or in a related field||E|
|Professional Qualifications||ITIL certification||D|
These are defined as:
|Proficiency Level||Proficiency Definitions|
|• Applies the competency in difficult situations.
• Requires occasional guidance.
• Frequently questions the status quo and looks for new ways of doing things.
• Proactively confronts challenges in job role.
• Regularly applies coaching and mentoring skills to team.
|Level 2||Basic (B)||• Applies the competency in somewhat difficult situations.
• Requires frequent guidance.
• Knows when and where to refer.
• Requires regular coaching and mentoring to attain required standards in job role
|Level 1||Aware (A)||• Applies the competency in the simplest situations.
• Requires close and extensive guidance.
|Core Competencies||Proficiency Required|
|1. Customer Focus||B|
|2. Business Acumen||B|
|3. Driving Innovation||B|
|4. Driving Business Performance||B|
|5. Negotiation and Influence||B|
|6. Effective Communication||B|
|Leadership Competency||Proficiency Required|
|1. Planning and organizing||B|
|3. Quality Decision Making||B|
|4. Building Partnerships||B|
|5. Continuous Learning||B|
|6. Emotional Intelligence||B|
|7. Conflict Management||B|
|Academic, Professional and Technical Competencies Required:
Essential Knowledge/Skills and Experience Required:
• Minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience
• Experience in applications development, which includes system customization and report designs
• Experience in programing languages preferably C/AL, AL or Oracle PLSQL
• Experience in RDMS preferably MS SQL Server or Oracle
• Good analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
Desirable knowledge/skills and Experience Required:
• Knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 or Dynamics 365 Business Central will be an added advantage
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Technical competence in insurance
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
|Special Position Requirements (Optional section: any travel, security, hazard or related special conditions which apply to the position)|
|The role holder may be required to travel to distant branches or wherever the Company has interest.
Role holder may be required to work extended working hours to ensure jobs are completed on schedule and to specification
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/career/ clearly indicating the position being applied for.
The application should reach us by close of business on 30th March 2023. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 30th April 2023 consider your application unsuccessful.
N/B: This job advert is open to both internal and external candidates.