To efficiently and effectively support the Technical and Risk Improvement function through planning and execution Risk Survey and Risk Improvement functions within the department, to ensure achievement of underwriting standards in line with the company’s objective.
- Review our non-medical General Business book, profile and collate Risks to Survey
- Carry out Risk Surveys and Assessments for insured’s as per survey matrix
- Prepare detailed risk Survey/ Assessment reports and present the findings to the insured(s)
- Propose, communicate and follow up of implementation of risk improvement recommendations (RIR)
- Propose estimated maximum loss (EML) and maximum possible loss (MPL) of surveyed risks
- Keep a monthly & Quarterly schedules of surveyed risks, progress of implementation of risk improvement recommendations
- Review risk survey reports from external surveyors and communicate risk improvement recommendations
- In liaison with the claims department, propose improvement measures on risks with large claims
- Provide timely advisory support to Sales team, Relationship Managers and Branches on terms to apply for quality underwriting.
- Ensure that all risk management requirements are addressed and where necessary escalated through the available defined channels
- Provide periodical business and other reports to the supervisor
|Key Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Behavioral Competencies|
|These are defined as;
Academic and Professional Requirements
These are defined as:
|Special Position Requirements ( Optional section: any travel, security, hazard or related special conditions which apply to the position)|
|· The role holder may be required to travel to distant branches or wherever the Company has any interest.
· Role holder may be required to work extended working hours to ensure jobs are completed on schedule and to specification.
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/career/ clearly indicating the position being applied for.
The application should reach us by close of business on 10th May, 2023. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 11th June, 2023 consider your application unsuccessful.
N/B: This job advert is open to both internal and external candidates.