To provide financial analysis to support valuation of the actuarial liabilities, pricing of new products, monitoring the performance of existing products, financial projections and market intelligence through industry analysis.
- Collect, compile and analyze data for use in valuation models of liabilities on specific lines of business
- Collect, compile and analyze data for use in product development, monitoring and reviews on specific lines of business
- Consolidate and analyze data from AKI/IRA for use in quarterly industry analysis report
- Perform monthly business and finance data checks on specific lines of business
- Create and develop models and tools used for various actuarial purposes
- Consolidate and analyze data on the investment portfolio for the subsidiary
- Involvement in CIC Group strategic initiatives such as IFRS 17 implementation and reporting.
|Key Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Behavioural Competencies
These are defined as;
Academic and Professional Requirements
These are defined as:
|Special Position Requirements (Optional section: any travel, security, hazard or related special conditions which apply to the position)
· The role holder may be required to travel to distant branches or wherever the Company has any interest.
· Role holder may be required to work extended working hours to ensure jobs are completed on schedule and to specification.
CIC Insurance Values
|CIC insurance Group is committed to providing excellent service, spur further growth and employees are required to align their behaviour to the following core values as critical to driving their performance;
· Integrity- Be fair and transparent
· Dynamism- Be passionate and innovative
· Performance- Be efficient and results driven
· Co-operation- Live the Co-operative spirit
Job Profile Sign-Off
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following;
- Perform quality work within deadlines, right first time with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and co-coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Unconditional positive regard for customers.
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/career/ clearly indicating the position being applied for.
The application should reach us by close of business on 26th February 2024. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 26th March 2024 consider your application unsuccessful.
N/B: This job advert is open to both internal and external candidates.