CIC Insurance Group PLC is the leading Cooperative Insurer in Africa, providing insurance and related financial services in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi. The Group offers a wide range of products including General Insurance, Life Assurance, Medical Insurance and Asset Management services. As a pioneer and leader in micro-insurance, the Group’s focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery has differentiated it in the market and earned it international recognition.
The Group seeks to recruit a dynamic and visionary leader to join this winning team as the Managing Director – CIC Africa Uganda reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will provide strategic direction and leadership to ensure that the company vision, mission, strategic goals and objectives are executed and aligned with the corporate values, while ensuring all legal, corporate governance and regulatory requirements are complied with.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate and implement the business strategy to ensure overall achievement of the company’s long term strategy and annual business plans;
- Provide strategic direction on matters relating to business performance, new investments and business opportunities and changes to enhance profitability and shareholder value;
- Develop, establish and operationalize Company policies, and ensure that appropriate management structures and policies are continuously developed, reviewed and implemented;
- Establish and manage highly collaborative relationships with key policy makers, regulators, customers and other key stakeholders, to ensure business retention and growth;
- Achieve operational results for all key metrics in line with annual business budgets and plans;
- Prepare regular and periodic reports to the Board for strategic direction and qualitative assessment on the achievement of the planned goals;
- Ensure operating procedures and controls are established and communicated to solidify management control and direction of the business; and
- Practice and promote a culture of high quality standards, integrity, ethics, diversity, inclusion and corporate social responsibility across the Company.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in related field, gained from a recognized institution. A Post Graduate professional qualification in Insurance and/or Actuarial, CFA, CPA (K), ACCA or CIMA;
- Master’s degree in related field will be added advantage;
- Be a member in good standing of a recognized professional body;
- Must possess professional insurance qualification;
- Certificate in Corporate Governance will be an added advantage;
- Have knowledge and relevant work experience of not less than ten (10) years, with at least five (5) years served in senior leadership position, and be able to demonstrate P&L responsibility and accountability;
- Proven ability to quickly grasp business risks and make sound decisions;
- Proven organizational and stakeholder management skill is a key requirement for this position;
- Be a highly networked individual with ability to build and maintain relationships beneficial to the organization;
- Should have strong business development focus with proven track record of business turnaround; and
- Have thorough understanding of financial management, regulatory compliance, board management, demonstrable commercial and investment acumen
If you believe you clearly meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application, copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, clearly marked Ref: CICUGANDA/MD/05/2021 addressed to The Group Chief Executive Officer through email@example.com to reach us by Friday 28th May 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.