CIC Africa (Uganda) Limited, a leading financial services company in Uganda is seeking to engage dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individuals with elaborate business networks to fill the position of Independent Board Member.
CIC Africa (Uganda) Limited was started in 2015 by a collaboration between the cooperative movement in Uganda (led by UCSCU and UCA) and CIC Insurance Group in Kenya. CIC Group is a leading cooperative insurer in Africa incorporated under the laws of Kenya and with subsidiaries in Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi. CIC Group focuses on innovation and excellence in service delivery.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills and competencies and have the prescribed qualifications and experience:
- Solid Business/Commercial Experience, preferably;
- An understanding of financial reporting and internal control principles of financial management.
- Internal and multi – cultural experience and understanding; and
- The aptitude and experience to fully appreciate the legal responsibilities of a Director and the Governance processes of a Public Company.
- Integrity and Professionalism;
- Must have the highest ethical standards, a keen sense of professionalism and be prepared to serve the interests of all the stakeholders.
- Exhibit independence, objectivity and a commitment to the Company’s Corporate Governance Guidelines and its Code of Conduct and Ethics;
- Personal qualities of intelligence, self-assuredness, inter-personal skills, commitment, communication skills, inquisitiveness, objectivity, practical wisdom, problem-solving skills, Strong decision making, action planning, prioritization skills and mature judgment.
- A willingness to commit, as well as have, sufficient time to discharge his or her duties to the Board.
- Ability to develop and maintain a good working relationship with the other members of the Board and with the senior management of the Company.
- Extensive Leadership and Management Experience.
- A successful track record in improving productivity, cost control, quality and service
If you are interested and believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position/profession, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience on or before 20th January 2020 addressed to:
Group Company Secretary
CIC Insurance Group Plc
CIC Plaza II
Mara Road, Upper hill
NB: CIC Africa Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.