BUILD A REWARDING CAREER
CIC Insurance Group is the leading Cooperative Insurer in Africa, providing insurance and related financial services in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, and Malawi. The Group offers a wide range of products including General Insurance, Life Assurance, Medical Insurance, and Asset Management services. As a pioneer and leader in micro-insurance, the Group’s focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery has differentiated it in the market and earned it international recognition.
CIC Africa Uganda is a holding Insurance Company in Uganda owned by CIC Insurance Group of Kenya, Uganda
Cooperative Alliance (UCA), Uganda Cooperative Savings and Credit Union (UCSCU) and the Cooperative
Movement in Uganda. CIC Africa Uganda offers General Insurance and Life Assurance services with a special focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery that differentiates it at the market place.
The Group seeks to recruit a dynamic and visionary leader to join this winning team as the Principal Officer – CIC
Africa Life Assurance Uganda reporting to the Managing Director. The successful candidate will provide strategic
direction and leadership to ensure that the company’s vision, mission, strategic goals, and objectives are executed
and aligned with the corporate values, while ensuring all legal, corporate governance and regulatory requirements
are complied with.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate, implement and ensure achievement of the Life Assurance Company’s overall business strategy;
Provide strategic leadership to the management serving as the principal link between the Subsidiary and
the Uganda Board;
- Provide strategic direction on matters relating to Life business performance and changes to enhance
profitability and shareholder value;
- Develop, establish and operationalize Company policies, and ensure that appropriate management
structures and policies are continuously developed, reviewed and implemented;
- Establish and manage highly collaborative relationships with key policymakers, regulators, customers and
other key stakeholders, to ensure business retention and growth;
- Prepare regular and periodic reports to the Board for the strategic direction and qualitative assessment on the
achievement of the planned goals;
- Ensure operating procedures and controls are established and communicated to solidify management
control and direction of the business; and
- Practice and promote a culture of high-quality standards, integrity, ethics, diversity, inclusion and corporate
social responsibility across the Company.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, gained from a recognized institution. A Post Graduate
Qualification in a business-related field will be an added advantage;
- Be a member in good standing of a recognized professional body;
- Certificate in Corporate Governance will be an added advantage;
- Have knowledge and relevant work experience of not less than ten (10) years, with at least five (5) years served in a senior leadership position, and be able to demonstrate P&L responsibility and accountability;
- Proven organizational and stakeholder management skill is a key requirement for this position;
- Be a highly networked individual with the ability to build and maintain relationships beneficial to the organization;
- Should have strong business development focus with a proven track record of business turnaround; and
- Have a thorough understanding of financial management, regulatory compliance, board management, demonstrable commercial and investment acumen.
If you meet the requirements above, send your application clearly marked CICUGANDA/PO/01/2020 addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by Tuesday 21st January 2020. In addition, please attach a resume that contains details of your qualifications, experience, and present positions. Only applications received online will be
processed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.