CIC Africa (Uganda) Limited, a leading financial services company in Uganda is seeking to engage dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individuals with elaborate business networks to fill the position of Head of Operations – CIC Africa Uganda Ltd.
CIC Africa (Uganda) Limited was started in 2015 by a collaboration between the cooperative movement in Uganda (led by UCSCU and UCA) and CIC Insurance Group in Kenya. CIC Group is a leading cooperative insurer in Africa incorporated under the laws of Kenya and with subsidiaries in Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi. CIC Group focuses on innovation and excellence in service delivery.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills and competencies and have the prescribed qualifications and experience:
Responsible for assisting in financial planning, execution of efficient operational performance, regulatory and statutory compliance. The successful candidate will also work in consultation with the company leadership team in matters relating to operational efficiencies in marketing, underwriting, claims and information technology.
- Review adequacy of operational and financial controls in the business (systems, processes and people) and recommend changes to management;
- Ensure reinsurance statements and returns are done, payments made, and recoveries are done on time;
- Monitor capital adequacy and alert executive management
- Review and file all statutory returns on time on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis;
- Ensure all legal and statutory requirements are complied with including reporting;
- Prepare and compile company budgets;
- Review management and financial reports for completeness and preparation of board papers on a monthly and quarterly basis respectively;
- Confirm investment in company assets are within company investment policy statement and guided by the Insurance Act and advice management monthly;
- Ensure credit control policy is fully adhered to including speedy collection of outstanding premiums;
- Approve payments;
- Coordinate external and internal audits and implement audit recommendations;
- Liaise with external stakeholders e.g. banks, IRA, URA towards enhancement of company operations.
- Carry out performance appraisal, coaching and mentoring staff;
- Resource allocation, staffing, training and development, and leave approval;
- Participate in regular planning, budgeting and monitoring;
- Participate in various meeting and committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or in a related field. A Master’s degree an added advantage.
- CPA (U) / ACCA / CFA
- Minimum of five (8) years’ relevant experience in a similar position and 5 years in supervisory role.
Skills and Attributes
- A structured approach and ability to balance opposing business requirements.
- Excellent evaluation, communication and reporting skills and presentation skills.
- Problem solving skills and ability to balance long term and short term requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships.
- Leadership skills.
- Good analytical skills to deal with complex and variable work environments in an independent manner.
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
- Knowledge of Business Environment
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title.
For example: Ref: Application for Head of Operations to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
CIC Africa (Uganda) LTD
Strictly through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should reach us by close of business on 3rd January , 2020. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 14th January, 2020 consider your application unsuccessful.