The product offers in-patient, outpatient, dental, and optical benefits with various options provided for in each benefit to enrich customer choices
- Pre-existing and chronic conditions cover.
- Psychiatry / psychotherapy cover.
- Emergency air evacuation & road ambulance services.
- In-patient ophthalmologic surgery.
- Dental surgery.
- Post-hospitalization & rehabilitation expenses.
- Prescribed external aids cover.
- Home Nursing.
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
- General practitioners’ consultation.
- Specialist consultation.
- Prescribed drugs and dressings.
- Diagnostic laboratory and radiology services.
- Health check-up.
- Dental consultation.
- Fillings and extractions.
- Root canal.
- Ophthalmologic consultation.
- Contact lenses.
- Frames (allowed once every two years up to Ksh. 15,000 or the Optical limit whichever is lower).
The product also offers a last expense cover in the event that the insured person passes on as a result of covered conditions while the cover is in force
Membership eligibility & onboarding?
Eligibility for Principal Member and Spouse is from 60 years to 80 years. No limit once joined.Cover allows only one legal spouse as a dependant of the principal member. Additional
spouses can be included on cover as principal members.
Child dependants are not eligible under this cover. Alternative cover is provided under CIC Family Medisure cover.
All new applicants will be required to submit a medical report before membership and eligibility of cover can be confirmed. The cost of the medical examination is borne by the applicant at a hospital appointed by CIC.
Existing members can continuously renew their membership without age restrictions.
Documents required for cover.
- Copy of ID/passport for principal member and spouse.
- Copy of PIN certificate for principal member.
- Last expense
- Chronic cover
- Geriatric panel
- Annual health checks
- Organ transplant