The CIC Equity fund invests in professionally selected securities listed in the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The fund is suitable for the investor, who is seeking medium to long-term growth through capital gains from the investments.
This fund is ideal for the individuals and institutions:
- Seeking capital growth
- Potential to beat inflation
- With a long term focus on investment
- Ready to take some amount of risk- due to volatility in the stock market
Returns on the Equity Fund
Returns consist of dividends and capital gains. Dividend distributions are done twice a year in June and December. We recommend reinvestment of dividends into the funds to investor in order to benefit from compounded growth.
- The recommended investment term is 4-7 years; regardless an investor can withdraw their investment at any time at the prevailing prices. At withdrawal it is important for the investor to consider their investment goal and fund values. Remember you only realize a gain or loss when you liquidate your investment.
- The minimum investment amount is kshs.5, 000 and minimum top ups of kshs.1, 000. It is always recommended that you invest in lump sum amounts to benefit from the funds.
- 5% initial fees are charged on the Equity fund
- Access to your money is when required with a short notice of 2 – 4 working days.
- Monthly statement is sent.
Past performance should not be used as a guide to future investment performance. The prices of the CIC Equity Fund may change on a daily basis.
- Price of units can go up as well as down as a result of changes in the value of the underlying investments.
There are no guarantees on the clients’ capital as the performance of units and interest-bearing investments in the underlying unit trust determines the value of your unit trust investment.