The objective of this fund is to provide medium return to the investor with a medium or an average outlook to risk. It is ideal for investors looking for a mixture of safety, income and capital appreciation while proving the investors with a fund that combines growth and income objectives by investing in the stocks of listed companies for growth and in interest bearing instruments for income. Such a diversification mitigates the effects of market down turns in the stock market without major value fluctuations.
This fund is ideal for organizations and individuals who are;
- Seeking to invest in a balanced portfolio offering exposure to all sectors of the market (including offshore), but with a lower risk profile than pure equity funds.
- Willing to accept some medium risk exposure
- Want to beat inflation
Returns on the Balanced Fund
Returns consist of dividends, capital gains, interest portion and miscellaneous income from offshore investments. Distributions are done quarterly. We recommend reinvestment of the distributions into the funds order to benefit from compounded growth.
- The recommended investment term is 3-5 years; regardless an investor can withdraw their investment at any time at the prevailing prices. At withdrawal it is important for the investor to consider their investment goal and fund values. Remember you only realize a gain or loss when you liquidate your investment.
- The minimum investment amount is kshs.5, 000 and minimum top ups of kshs.1, 000. It is always recommended that you invest in lump sum amounts to benefit from the funds.
- 4.5% initial fees are charged on the Balanced fund
- Access to your money is when required with a short notice of 2 – 4 working days.
- Monthly statement is sent.
Past performance should not be used as a guide to future investment performance. The prices of the CIC Balanced Fund may change on a daily basis.
- Price of units can go up as well as down as a result of changes in the value of the underlying investments.
There are no guarantees on the clients’ capital as the performance of units and interest-bearing investments in the underlying unit trust determines the value of your unit trust investment.