To advise and support the Senior Manager Finance on the Cash/ Bank management and overseeing accounting controls and compliance in Finance.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the group are met including: withholding payments, income tax, regulators payments
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control and petty cash
- To plan and prepare cash/ bank audit schedules for internal and external audits
- Review bank balances and prepare daily cash flow reports and projections
- Review daily/ monthly bank reconciliations and sign off
- Liaise with external partners including banks and other financial institutions to develop and maintain relationships;
- To update and reconcile all payments’ general ledgers.
- Carry out performance appraisal, coaching and mentoring staff;
- Participate in planning and budgeting for the department.
- Participate in various meetings and committees and acting as the spokesperson on behalf of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or in a related field
- CPA (K), ACCA/ CFA is an added advantage
- Minimum of Eight (8) years’ relevant experience in a similar position, three (3) of which are at supervisory level
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Leadership skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
- Understanding of the working environment /competitors
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title.
For example: Ref: Application for Senior Accountant Financial Reporting to:
THE GENERAL MANAGER – HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION
CIC GROUP LTD
Strictly through Email: email@example.com.
The application should reach us by close of business on 10th February 2017. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 3rd March 2017 consider your application unsuccessful.