The incumbent shall be responsible for analyzing and assessing the risk presented to the company through proposals submitted guided by the laid down underwriting guidelines.
- Evaluate risks proposed and prescribe rates and terms commensurate with level of risk before acceptance as per Underwriting guidelines;
- Customers onboarding and registration in the system;
- Ensure timely processing of renewal invitations;
- Prepare and process debits/credits endorsements for renewals and new business;
- Reconciliation of underwriting issues;
- Process and dispatch renewal notifications and endorsement on time;
- Prepare and issue Policy documents and Renewal Endorsements;
- Claims registration, Appointment of Assessors and Processing of Windscreen claim refunds;
- Process premium refunds to customers;
- Respond and attend to customer and Intermediary enquiries;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Academic, Professional and Technical Competencies
These are defined as:
|Proficiency Level Description|
Academic and Professional Requirements
|Particulars||Detail||Specific Field or Qualification||Need|
|Education||Bachelor’s Degree||Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or in a related field||E|
|Professional Qualifications||Progress towards IIK or ACII||D|
These are defined as:
|Proficiency Level||Proficiency Definitions|
|• Applies the competency in difficult situations.|
• Requires occasional guidance.
• Frequently questions the status quo and looks for new ways of doing things.
• Proactively confronts challenges in job role.
• Regularly applies coaching and mentoring skills to team.
|Basic (B)||• Applies the competency in somewhat difficult situations.|
• Requires frequent guidance.
• Knows when and where to refer.
• Requires regular coaching and mentoring to attain required standards in job role
|Level 1||Aware (A)|
|• Applies the competency in the simplest situations.|
• Requires close and extensive guidance.
|Core Competencies||Proficiency Required|
|1. Customer Focus||B|
|2. Business Acumen||B|
|3. Driving Innovation||B|
|4. Driving Business Performance||B|
|5. Negotiation and Influence||B|
|6. Effective Communication||B|
|Leadership Competency||Proficiency Required|
|1. Planning and organizing||I|
|3. Quality Decision Making||I|
|4. Building Partnerships||A|
|5. Continuous Learning||A|
|6. Emotional Intelligence||A|
|7. Conflict Management||A|
|Academic, Professional and Technical Competencies Required:|
Essential Knowledge/Skills and Experience Required:
• Up to (1) years’ relevant experience
• Good analytical skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent customer care skills
Desirable knowledge/skills and Experience Required:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
• Technical competence in insurance
• Basic knowledge of regulations by AKI and IRA
|Special Position Requirements (Optional section: any travel, security, hazard or related special conditions which apply to the position)|
|The role holder may be required to travel to distant branches or wherever the Company has interest.|
Role holder may be required to work extended working hours to ensure jobs are completed on schedule and to specification
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/career/ clearly indicating the position being applied for.
The application should reach us by close of business on 22nd September 2023. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 30th October 2023 consider your application unsuccessful.
N/B: This job advert is open to both internal and external candidates.