To assess and prudently underwrite Medical Business in commercially sound terms and to ensure that all underwriting and documentation duties in the section operate effectively and efficiently.
- Accept or reject risk in line with the set underwriting guidelines;
- Process renewals, endorsements and follow up on Quotations;
- Reconciliation of underwriting issues;
- Respond to customer and intermediaries’ enquiries;
- Raise refunds for customers and service providers;
- To ensure proper and accurate debiting and crediting for all Retail proposals;
- Prepare and dispatch debit/ credit notes, member schedules premium and statements, utilization reports, letters to clients/ schemes;
- Process and dispatch membership cards to clients and intermediaries and
- Cancellation of policies due to non-payment of premiums.
- Review of Reconciliation of underwriting issues processed by Policy Administration Assistants;
- Preparation of weekly and monthly retail reports;
- Prepare travel letters on request to clients and intermediaries;
- Maintain accurate and clean membership records;
- Maintain an accurate record of all client correspondence in the client’s file;
- Handling customer service issues relating to membership, scope of cover, premiums and commissions
- Prepare cover confirmation letters when required by members for overseas travel purposes
- Ensure that all Retail business correspondence and data relating to membership administration are safely stored for future retrieval and reference.
- Resolution of claims issues within 5 days
- Send renewal Invite notices for all Retail policies;
- Issue decline letters
- Renewal follow ups and reminders
- Issuance of Medical examination letters
- Any other duty as may be given by the Supervisor/Underwriting Manager;
|Key Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Behavioral Competencies|
|These are defined as;|
Academic and Professional Requirements
These are defined as:
|Special Position Requirements ( Optional section: any travel, security, hazard or related special conditions which apply to the position)|
|· The role holder may be required to travel to distant branches or wherever the Company has any interest.|
· Role holder may be required to work extended working hours to ensure jobs are completed on schedule and to specification.
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/career/ clearly indicating the position being applied for.
The application should reach us by close of business on 20th September 2023. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 19th October 2023 consider your application unsuccessful.
N/B: This job advert is open to both internal and external candidates.