The IT infrastructure administrator’s (System Administrator’s) overall role is to ensure optimal availability, configuration, and utilization of CIC Groups infrastructure (Servers, storage, and data center) in a manner that meets the internal customers’ requirements, creates efficient and business supporting solutions whilst maintaining relationships with vendors, users and key stakeholders by applying best practice project management practices in the implementation of changes in the core infrastructure and enhancements.
The role holder will be responsible for the design and maintenance of CIC Group core infrastructure.
The applicant MUST have experience in the Insurance Industry.
- Implementation, maintenance, and proactive monitoring of CIC Groups virtualization technology (VMware, OVM and Hyper-V) as well as storage (Netapp) by developing necessary measures through regular business system maintenance to achieve optimal system functioning as per internal S.L.As.
- Maintenance and Monitoring of data centre infrastructure and DR site with all the equipment e.g., AC, UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply), Power backup, setting up replication for business continuity purposes and ensuring that the quarterly DR tests are carried out successfully.
- Develops business cases for new infrastructure by gaining understanding of internal customer needs, communicating, and collaborating with other consultants to ensure that the most optimal solutions are selected that offer value for money and return on investment.
- Provides technical input in creating and documenting functional specifications when customizations or extensions to the servers, virtualization environment, storage, Data Centre, and DR site are required.
- Reviews the applications under ICT infrastructure regularly to support system innovation: Gathers business requirements from the business users, converts to technical specifications, and maintains complex components of the Office365 emails, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, SolarWinds, Microsoft exchange and MDaemon application.
- Responsible for ensuring Business continuity and disaster recovery related procedures such as: ensuring seamless storage replication, snapshots management and administering the enterprise backup appliance tool.
- Maintains windows server and Linux/Unix operating systems in servers and oversees server patching through Microsoft system centre.
- Maintains functional specification documents for systems including user licenses utilisation, change requests, test reports, user access lists and system controls reviews and improvements.
- Execution of security matrices for systems through regular review of system rights and access to enforce system controls within the infrastructure.
- Implement information security and control structures in line with the ICT policies as applicable to ICT infrastructure.
- Recommending the infrastructure solutions and Developing RFP for infrastructure projects as well as participating in the various relevant evaluations to review whether the technical requirements conformance with re CIC Group requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT or a related field.
- Virtualization technology certification, preferably VMware, OVM and Hyper-V.
- Storage management certification (Preferably NetApp). Any other storage technology certification can also be shared.
- Linux and/or Microsoft certifications e.g. system centre, Azure, Windows server, Linux certifications, Office365.
- Project Management Certification (Advantageous)
- Minimum of Four (4) years’ experience in system administration role.
- Proficiency in Virtualization, storage management, data centre management and disaster recovery.
- Experience in System Implementations & Projects
- Experience in Office365, SharePoint, MDaemon, Microsoft exchange server and OneDrive.
- Experience in cloud infrastructure management preferably Microsoft azure or AWS.
Skills and Attributes
- Written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills.
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- Experience in server, storage, virtualization, Data center AC/UPS/Power backup/Monitoring/On-premises and cloud email management.
- Experience working with vendors outside Kenya
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute
the above mandate, strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/job-application/ clearly indicating the position being applied for. E.g. ICT INFRASTRUCTURE ADMINISTRATOR
The application should reach us by close of business on 17th September, 2021. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 1st October, 2021 consider your application unsuccessful.