CIC Insurance Group is the leading Cooperative Insurer in Africa, providing insurance and related financial services in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi. The Group offers a wide range of products including General Insurance, Life Assurance, Medical Insurance and Asset Management services. As a pioneer and leader in micro-insurance, the Group’s focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery has differentiated it in the market and earned it international recognition.
CIC Africa Uganda is a holding Insurance Company in Uganda owned by CIC Insurance Group of Kenya, Uganda Cooperative Alliance (UCA), Uganda Cooperative Savings and Credit Union (UCSCU) and the Cooperative Movement in Uganda. CIC Africa Uganda offers General Insurance and Life Assurance services with a special focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery that differentiates it at the market place.
The Group seeks to recruit a dynamic and visionary leader to join this winning team as the Principal Officer – CIC Africa Life Assurance Uganda reporting to the Managing Director. The successful candidate will provide strategic direction and leadership to ensure that the company’s vision, mission, strategic goals and objectives are executed and aligned with the corporate values, while ensuring all legal, corporate governance and regulatory requirements are complied with.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate, implement and ensure achievement of the Life Assurance Company’s overall business strategy;
- Provide strategic leadership to the management serving as the principal link between the Subsidiary and the Uganda Board;
- Provide strategic direction on matters relating to Life business performance and changes to enhance profitability and shareholder value;
- Develop, establish and operationalise Company policies, and ensure that appropriate management structures and policies are continuously developed, reviewed and implemented;
- Establish and manage highly collaborative relationships with key policy makers, regulators, customers and other key stakeholders, to ensure business retention and growth;
- Prepare regular and periodic reports to the Board for strategic direction and qualitative assessment on the achievement of the planned goals;
- Ensure operating procedures and controls are established and communicated to solidify management control and direction of the business; and
- Practice and promote a culture of high quality standards, integrity, ethics, diversity, inclusion and corporate social responsibility across the Company.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in related field, gained from a recognized institution. A Post Graduate Qualification in a business related field will be an added advantage;
- Be a member in good standing of a recognized professional body;
- Certificate in Corporate Governance will be an added advantage;
- Have knowledge and relevant work experience of not less than ten (10) years, with at least five (5) years served in senior leadership position, and be able to demonstrate P&L responsibility and accountability;
- Proven organisational and stakeholder management skill is a key requirement for this position;
- Be a highly networked individual with ability to build and maintain relationships beneficial to the organisation;
- Should have strong business development focus with proven track record of business turnaround; and
- Have thorough understanding of financial management, regulatory compliance, board management, demonstrable commercial and investment acumen.
If you meet the requirements above, send your application clearly marked CICUGANDA/PO/01/2020 addressed to email@example.com to reach us by Tuesday 21st January 2020. In addition, please attach a resume that contains details of your qualifications, experience and present positions. Only applications received online will be processed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.