CIC Insurance Group is the leading Cooperative Insurer in Africa, providing insurance and related financial services in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi. The Group offers a wide range of products including General Insurance, Life Assurance, Medical Insurance and Asset Management services. As a pioneer and leader in micro-insurance, the Group’s focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery has differentiated it in the market and earned it international recognition.
The Group seeks to recruit a dynamic and visionary leader to join this winning team as the Group Chief Executive Officer (GCEO), reporting to the Group Board of Directors. The successful candidate will provide strategic direction and leadership to ensure that the company vision, mission, strategic goals and objectives are executed and aligned with the corporate values, while ensuring all legal, corporate governance and regulatory requirements are complied with.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate, implement and ensure achievement of the Group’s overall business strategy;
- Provide strategic leadership to the subsidiary Managing Directors and Regional Offices, serving as the principal link between the Subsidiary Boards and the Group Board;
- Provide strategic direction on matters relating to business performance, new investments and business opportunities and changes to enhance profitability and shareholder value;
- Responsible for group shared services including Finance, Legal, Actuarial, ICT, HR among others;
- Develop, establish and operationalise Group policies, and ensure that appropriate management structures and policies are continuously developed, reviewed and implemented;
- Establish and manage highly collaborative relationships with key policy makers, regulators, customers and other key stakeholders, both locally and internationally, to ensure business retention and growth;
- Prepare regular and periodic reports to the Group Board for strategic direction and qualitative assessment on the achievement of the planned goals;
- Ensure operating procedures and controls are established and communicated to solidify management control and direction of the organisation; and
- Practice and promote a culture of high quality standards, integrity, ethics, diversity, inclusion and corporate social responsibility across the Group.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Insurance, Actuarial Science, Business, Engineering, Law, or any other related field, gained from a recognised institution. A Post Graduate Qualification in a business related field will be an added advantage;
- Be a member in good standing of a recognised professional body;
- Certificate in Corporate Governance will be an added advantage;
- Have knowledge and relevant work experience of not less than fifteen (15) years, with at least ten (10) years served in senior leadership position in an organisation of similar complexity as CIC Group, and be able to demonstrate P&L responsibility and accountability;
- Have proven strategic leadership skills/experience with a global perspective;
- Proven organisational and stakeholder management skill is a key requirement for this position;
- Be a highly networked individual with ability to build and maintain relationships beneficial to the organisation;
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, or experience in the cooperative movement will be an added advantage;
- Should have strong business development focus with proven track record of business turnaround; and
- Have thorough understanding of financial management, regulatory compliance, board management, demonstrable commercial and investment acumen.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following documents: Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Latest Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Certified copy of duly completed First Schedule (S.13) Self Declaration form from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe you clearly meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application, copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience, clearly quoting the relevant reference number Ref: GCEO-10/2019.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than 27 November 2019 addressed to the contact provided below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way Westlands,
For the full details about this position, and how to apply; kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered.
CIC Insurance Group Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
|Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms. @ 2019 Deloitte Consulting Limited|