To achieve stability in livestock business in both claims and underwriting departments
- Examine all livestock related claims and advise claims personnel appropriately.
- To perform and complete livestock health and valuation certificates before insuring farmers
- To perform post-mortem reports and write reports to the claims department
- To ear tag animals to be insured
- Cultivate positive relationships with customers and their animals through regular communication and excellent risk appraisals.
- Visit farms from time to time and advise on insurance, good management practices and vaccinations.
- Train new veterinary assistants, animal health assistants and dairy managers on matters insurance
- Support business growth through business initiatives and targeted marketing to individual farmers
- Degree in Veterinary medicine or Animal health science from a reputable & recognized institution
- Diploma in business or Insurance or in a relevant insurance field will be an added advantage.
Must be duly registered and retained with the Kenya Veterinary Board of Kenya
- Up to two (2) years’ relevant experience
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
- Understanding of the working environment /competitors
- Technical competence in insurance
- Basic knowledge of regulations by AKI and IRA
The Veterinary Officer must be duly registered and retained by the Kenya Veterinary Board Register and proof of KVB Registration Number provided
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title.
For example: Ref: Application for Veterinary Officer to:
THE GENERAL MANAGER – HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION
CIC GROUP LTD
Strictly through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should reach us by close of business on 24th August, 2019. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 6th September, 2019 consider your application unsuccessful.