To generate revenue for the company, increase visibility and presence within the specified geographical area. To create strong stakeholders’ value through overseeing efficient utilization of available resources and ensure customer focus across the region.
- Generate revenue in the branch across all subsidiary lines;
- Provide leadership and support to the staff, sales and marketing team by driving the implementation of the corporate strategy, through training and motivation to achieve the organizational objectives;
- Recruit, train and motivate intermediaries;
- Organize and represent the company in all relevant forums e.g. cooperative societies AGMs, leaders meetings and seminars;
- Conduct Business promotions in liaison with PR staff;
- Open up new markets and distribution channels including local check offs for Ordinary Life;
- Identify and facilitate Branch Human Resource requirements including recruitment, appraisal, career development and resource planning, in liaison with the HR department and Regional Manager;
- Enforcing of credit control compliance;
- Manage loss ratios in the branch within the set limits;
- Make interventions in the branch to maintain the established customer service standards;
- Consistently monitor and provide market intelligence and identify potential for both business acquisition and strategic planning;
- Enforce prudent underwriting standards in the branch and facilitate claims documentation process and
- Keep track on new relevant development in the branch and provide intelligent feedback to GM Distribution and Marketing.
- Carry out performance appraisal, coaching and mentoring staff;
- Participate in planning and budgeting for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Relevant professional qualification
- Minimum of six (6) years’ relevant experience, two (2) of which at supervisory level
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Leadership skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
- Understanding of the working environment /competitors
- Technical competence in insurance
- Basic knowledge of regulations by AKI and IRA
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title.
For example: Ref: Application for Branch Manager – Nyahururu to:
THE GENERAL MANAGER – HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION
CIC GROUP LTD
Strictly through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should reach us by close of business on 24th May, 2019. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 31ts May, 2019. Consider your application unsuccessful.