CIC Insurance Group is the leading Cooperative Insurer in Africa, providing insurance and related financial services in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi.
The Group offers a wide range of products including General Insurance, Life Assurance, Medical Insurance and Asset Management services. It is a pioneer and leader in Micro-insurance. The Group’s focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery has differentiated it in the market and earned it international recognition.
In order to execute and sustain its growth and expansion strategy, the Group is seeking to recruit a dynamic leader to join this winning team as Managing Director, CIC Africa Malawi. Reporting to the Board, the successful candidate will provide strategic direction and leadership to grow the overall business in Malawi. The successful candidate will also double up as the Principal Officer of the General Business Subsidiary.
The ideal candidate must have proven experience in leading and managing large teams of people with diverse backgrounds. The person must possess strong knowledge of the insurance industry and a proven track record in business growth. He/she should also have experience in financial management, planning, budgeting and regulatory compliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate and implement the business strategy to ensure overall achievement of long term strategy and annual business plans;
- Provide strategic direction on matters relating to business performance, new investments and business opportunities and changes to enhance profitability and shareholder value;
- Proactively build customer relationships that ensure business retention and growth;
- Promote and maintain sound corporate governance, integrity, diversity inclusion and corporate social responsibility standards;
- Prepare regular and periodic reports to the board that provide a strategic direction and qualitative assessment on the achievement of the planned goals;
- Achieve operational results for all key metrics in line with annual business budgets and plans;
- Ensure that appropriate management structures and policies are continuously developed, reviewed and implemented; and
- Establish and manage highly collaborative relationships with key policy makers and other key stakeholders.
Skills & Attributes:
- A Master’s degree in a Business related field;
- Professional qualification in Insurance and/or Actuarial, CFA, CPA, ACCA or CIMA;
- At least 10 years’ experience 5 of which at a senior management level within the insurance industry;
- Demonstrable commercial and financial/investment management experience;
- Excellent leadership skills particularly in strategy formulation and execution;
- Proven ability to quickly grasp business risks and make sound decisions;
- Experience in board management;
- A Certificate in Corporate Governance will be an added advantage; and
- Experience in the cooperative movement will be an additional advantage.
If you meet the requirements above, send your application clearly marked CICMALAWI/MD/12/2018 addressed to The Group Chief Executive Officer to email@example.com to reach us by Friday 18th January 2019. In addition, please attach a resume that contains details of your qualifications, experience and present positions. Only applications received online will be processed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.